RIVAGE PM Firmware V5.00 (Previous version)
RIVAGE PM Firmware / Editor / StageMix Compatibility
Please make sure that all firmware versions match for CS-R10, CS-R10-S, CSD-R7, CS-R5, CS-R3, DSP-R10, DSP-RX, DSP-RX-EX, RPio622, RPio222, RIVAGE PM Editor, RIVAGE PM StageMix, and MonitorMix when you operate the RIVAGE PM system. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
For TWINLANe network cards to be updated simultaneously with their host device (HY256-TL, HY256-TL-SMF), install them into a corresponding slot. If any additional cards are installed after performing the update, please execute the update program again.
To update a Dante card (HY144-D, HY144-D-SRC), use the Dante Firmware Update Manager or the Dante Updater of Dante Controller.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
New features in V5.00
- Added the “Rupert Neve Designs Portico II Master Buss Processor” plug-in.
- Added the following features to Global Paste to achieve simpler and easier operation.
- The Parameters can be selected while mixing, using SET BY EDIT.
- Multiple combinations of destination scenes can be set, using SCENE GROUPS.
- Global Paste can be assigned to the USER DEFINED keys.
- Added the following features to the mirroring functions to improve operability.
- An RPio can be the word clock leader to prevent loss of word clock source in the event of a DSP engine failure.
- The DSPs can be connected by GPI for high-speed switchover.
- The processing of the standby DSP engine to follow the active DSP engine is sped up.
- The system can monitor and control Nuendo Live multi-track recording software.
- Added various wireless mic systems and amplifiers that can be controlled and monitored from the RIVAGE PM Dante device rack.
- Now supports OSC (Open Sound Control).
- Now supports the control of AFC Image, allowing object operations and scene recalls.
- Added LPF / HPF and ATT to 8Band PEQ, monitor and cue EQs. Multi-touch operation is now available on these screens.
- Now supports the SMPTE mode* of Dante Domain Manager (DDM) (ST2110 clocking).
The word clock and preferred leader cannot be changed during DDM enrollment.
* In DDM SMPTE mode, the domain is configured for SMPTE ST2110 clocking, providing audio interoperability between Dante and non-Dante ST2110-30 devices.
Improvements in V5.00
- RIVAGE PM Editor for Win now supports AMD CPUs.
Fixed Bugs in V5.00
- Solved a problem in which MIDI NOTE ON/OFF might not be transmitted correctly if a User Defined Key to which MIDI Note ON was assigned was rapidly pressed several times.
- Solved a problem in which “DSP Disconnected!” was displayed under certain rare conditions.
- Solved a problem in which a CS-R3 fader that had been moved by its motor might return to its previous position after manually moving it.
- Solved a problem in which, when using the PM Editor with two screens, a screen that was not operated would not reflect the HA parameter switches between INPUT A and B made on the other screen.
- Solved a problem in which the RPio would not output the sound after manually switching the DSP engine while mirroring.
- Solved a problem in which the faders on a bay that was not used for DCA roll-out operation would not move smoothly.
- Solved a problem in which the send level of either stereo L or R channel could not be adjusted when moving from the MATRIX field on the SELECTED CHANNEL VIEW screen to the SENDS TO pop-up screen and selecting the stereo bus as the source.
- Solved a problem in which settings for ANALOG GAIN including Phantom Power and so on would unexpectedly be pasted to the destination channel(s) if an INPUT CHANNEL without ANALOG GAIN was copied using the CH COPY function.
- Solved a problem in which output patches of HY card slot 2 were not taken over automatically by a changeover from A (active DSP engine) to B (standby DSP engine) when the HY card slot 2 of the RPio was set to ROUTING MODE2 in the mirroring.
- Solved a problem in which changing the selected channel while the Dynamics KEY IN CUE was active, would cause a momentary disengagement of the cue and a brief leak of audio from the assigned Monitor Source into the cue bus.
- Solved a problem in which the image of an inserted MY card such as the MY8-AD24 or the AVIOM M16/o-Y1 was not displayed on the console.
- Solved a problem in which frequent editing of scenes while mirroring or in a system with multiple controllers (console and PM Editor, dual consoles, etc.) could create scenes that could not be recalled.
- Solved a problem in which Midi Program Change Assignments might not be correctly displayed after loading file data.
- A problem was found in V5.00 where a User Defined Key that is assigned to either a channel on/off, input A/B, or surround pan on/off function, will temporarily not work or will show incorrect status after a scene is recalled. This can be solved by directly operating the function assigned to the User Defined Key, or by changing the bank of the User Defined Key, and then reverting to the original bank.
* This occurs only in V5.00, and neither occurs in V4.72 nor in earlier versions.
- A problem was found in V5.00 in which the screen will not show correct information of BANK A/B when a channel is changed while the EQ popup window of an input/output channel is displayed. This can be solved by closing the EQ popup window or selecting another tab, then reopening the EQ popup window.
* It occurs only in the default mode of V5.00, so it does not occur in Theatre mode and not in any mode with V4.72 and earlier versions.
- Regarding all versions of RIVAGE PM Firmware, including V5.00, we found a problem in which, after the first switch over of a mirroring system, the monitor A/B will not produce any sound for several seconds.
Execute a manual switchover after turning on the power of both DSP A/B. After that, the problem will not occur again, until the DSP is rebooted.
Notices in version updating
- When updating CS-R5 from V4.00, the touch panels may not respond when the update is completed. If this happens, skip the proper shutdown procedure and turn the power switches off and back on again. The console will operate normally once correctly updated to V5.00.
- When updating CS-R5 or DSP-RX(-EX) from V4.00 or V4.02, the progress bar may stop or an error may prevent the updating process. If this continues for ten minutes or longer, turn the power off and on again, then re-start the firmware update.
- It is not possible to update DSP-RX(-EX) when using DSP Mirroring and the engine is in ‘Standby’ state. Please set DSP-RX(-EX) to ‘Active’ state and then proceed with the update.
- The project file saving method has been changed from V1.20.
When loading a project file saved by V1.16 or earlier, the patching of plug-ins may be unintentionally removed. If this happens, manually patch them again.
- When updating the console’s firmware from V1.20 or earlier, the progress bar may stop at the 14/18 status, or an error may stop the updating process. If this continues for five minutes or longer, turn the power of the console to off and on, and then retry the firmware update.
- When loading a project file saved by V1.21 and earlier, the RACK Focus status indicator on the SCENE screen may not light even if effect plug-ins or GEQs are the target of Focus Recall. To indicate the Focus status properly, open the SCENE SETUP (FOCUS) pop-up screen once, and then close it. After doing this, save the revised project file to remove this problem in the future.
Notices in version downgrading
- Do not load a project file saved by V1.51 and later to a system running V1.21 and earlier. When loading, all plug-ins will be un-mounted in all Scenes including the current memory. In this case, re-mounting and setting up of parameters will be required.
- When downgrading the firmware, be sure to initialize all systems after downgrading.
- When loading data including the MixToInput settings of the V3.00 system, the MixToInput function will work in RIVAGE PM systems even of less than V3.00. However, be careful of the possibility of unwanted signal loops, etc.
Notices for usage
- An error dialog “Console Network ring connection open! Check cable connection.” may rarely be displayed when the sampling rate is changed on the WORD CLOCK screen. However, it does not affect the actual operation.
- When INPUT patching is performed with the maximum number of channels of the HY256-TL or HY256-TL-SMF card exceeding 256, it appears to be correctly patched but no patch is established and no audio is input.
- In rare cases, a “DSP Disconnected!” message could be shown. If the message appears, take the following course of action:
- Re-Sync manually. Check this first for the fastest possible recovery (Doesn’t apply to RIVAGE PM7).
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, use the [RESET] button on the back of the console (Operations 1 and 2 do not mute the audio).
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, restart the console.
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, restart the DSP Engine (Doesn’t apply to RIVAGE PM7) (Operations 3 and 4 mute the audio).
- If you recall a Scene in which a very high HA gain was set, from a scene having a low HA gain, even if no signal is patched, a very loud pink noise signal is occasionally output for a few seconds.
- When a certain type of USB keyboard is connected to the console, the following message may appear:
You must restart your computer to apply these changes [Restart Now] [Restart Later]If this message is shown, remove this USB keyboard. It is not compatible with the console and cannot be used. The console does not need to be restarted.
- When a DSP mirroring failover occurs and the DSP engine B is set to active while the DSP engine A is the word clock leader and is still powered on, the Word Clock leader will not change automatically. To prevent audio dropouts, do not turn off the power of the DSP engine A even after a failover occurs.
- The channel name LCD cannot display unsupported characters such as Japanese kanji used in the Dante channel labels.
- If a DSP engine hosts one or more Dante cards (HY144-D and HY144-D-SRC in Synchronous (144io Sync SRC) mode), only check the “Enable Sync to External” option for the card that operates as the leader on the Dante network.
- The Dante Domain Manager (DDM) SMPTE flow is displayed as AES67 to patch. There is no problem in the actual operation.
Lisenssisopimus ja lataustiedosto
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY ABORT USING THE SOFTWARE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Yamaha hereby grants you a license to use copy(ies) of the software program(s) and data ("SOFTWARE") accompanying this Agreement, only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. The term SOFTWARE shall encompass any updates to the accompanying software and data. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha's licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions. While you are entitled to claim ownership of the data created with the use of SOFTWARE, the SOFTWARE will continue to be protected under relevant copyrights.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE in any manner that might infringe third party copyrighted material or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to use.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
This Agreement becomes effective on the day that you receive the SOFTWARE and remains effective until terminated. If any copyright law or provision of this Agreement is violated, this Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately abort using the SOFTWARE and destroy any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA'S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
6. OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
This SOFTWARE may include the software or its modifications which include any open source licenses, including but not limited to GNU General Public License or Lesser General Public License ("OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE"). Your use of OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE is subject to the license terms specified by each rights holder. If there is a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and each open source license, the open source license terms will prevail only where there is a conflict.
7. THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND SERVICE
Third party software, service and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. IF, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the terms of any agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a “commercial item,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein.
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. All legal notices, notice of disputes and demands for arbitration, and any other notice which purports to change these provisions or to assert legal entitlements must be sent in writing to:
10-1, Nakazawa-cho, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, 430-8650, Japan
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement.
Yamaha may amend, revise or update this Agreement at its discretion. Any change or update that Yamaha makes to this Agreement will be effective after you agree with the updated terms of this Agreement or use this SOFTWARE.
Last updated :January 28, 2020
- HY144-D Firmware V188.8.131.52_3.1.0
- HY144-D-SRC Firmware V184.108.40.206_3.1.0
- RIVAGE PM Editor V5.0.0 for Mac macOS 11 (Intel/Apple silicon), 10.15-10.13 (Previous version)
- RIVAGE PM Editor V5.0.0 for Win 10/8.1 (Previous version)
- RIVAGE PM StageMix
- MonitorMix (iOS)
- MonitorMix (Android)
- RIVAGE PM Block Diagram
- RIVAGE PM series Data List
- RIVAGE PMシリーズ データリスト
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [English]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Español]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Français]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Português]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [中文]
- RIVAGE PMシリーズ V5 オペレーションマニュアル
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Português]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [中文]
- RIVAGE PM10 システムセットアップガイド
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Português]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [中文]
- RIVAGE PM7 システムセットアップガイド
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix ユーザーガイド
- MonitorMix User Guide [English]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Deutsch]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Español]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Français]
- MonitorMix ユーザーガイド